The Control Voltage Converter is a high-resolution MIDI-to-CV converter specially designed for the three-dimensional signals of the Continuum Controller.
Four channels each output a gate signal and three CV signals, which are derived from the finger position left/right and front/rear and the prssure depth. Due to the very high data readout rate of the Continuum Controller, audible noises may occur during normal MIDI-CV conversion, but the CVC has a data filter to avoid this. The CVC can be mounted in a 19" standard rack with optionally available rack tubes.
- The CVC is built around i2c chips which communicate directly with the Continuum, ContinuuMini, or Osmose at 400kHz data rate.
- This third generation CVC provides both DIN5 and 3.5mm i2c connection options, allowing direct connection to all generations of Continuums, ContinuuMini, and Osmose without custom cables.
- Unprecedented pitch bend support of 8 octaves (96 half steps pitch) at full Continuum output resolution (1 cent), with 16-bit Digital-to-Analog converters on all individual control voltage outputs.
- The Continuum updates parameters at a much higher rate than a standard keyboard. Finger pressure update rate is so fast that the updates can make an audible pitch on a standard Midi-CV, requiring external filtering. The CVC has been designed with this in mind, and as such requires no external filters for noise suppression.
- The CVC’s Base Voice feature allows you to enable subsets of CVC outputs. For example, you can patch four different monophonic patches, and switch between them during a performance.
- The CVC can output control signals originating from data fed to the Continuum’s Midi input. This allows a Continuum performance to be captured and played back from a Midi sequencer into the CVC.
- Depending on your analog synthesizer, you will have particular preferences for voltage ranges of each output on your CVC. The CVC can switch between different voltage set ups at any time through special interaction with the Continuum playing surface or the Continuum Editor. In addition, the EaganMatrix can be programmed to create entirely custom control voltages; up to 8 control voltages can be defined for a voice, integrating formula math, shape generators, delays, and other EaganMatrix functionality into your analog performance.
Dimensions: 38,1 cm x 15,3 cm x 4, 4 cm
- CVC black